Looking for some advice on how to successfully host an open house? Follow this checklist of open house best practices to simplify the process!
Open House Checklist
- Schedule your open house on the weekend, sometime between noon and 4pm.
- Update your Home Bay listing with your open house times. We will syndicate this information to your listings on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com.
- Clean your driveway and walkways.
- Landscape your yard.
- Remove or lock up your valuables.
- Place an open house sign in your front yard. If your community allows it, also place them at each corner of your street, directing buyers to your home.
- Don’t show the home by yourself – have another person present.
- Give buyers some breathing room so they can explore your home and speak freely among themselves.
- Don’t hover, but do stay within earshot, so you are readily available for questions.