SnapNHD is dedicated to providing home buyers and sellers with comprehensive natural hazard disclosure reports. In this post, you'll learn what a natural hazard disclosure (NHD) is, what the report covers, and what to look for.
Understanding Your NHD Report:
California law requires that you provide your buyers with this report during escrow and it's important you understand what it covers. The goal of the NHD report is to protect your buyers by informing them of natural hazards that may be associated with the property you're selling.
What Your NHD Report Covers:
There are 6 mandatory hazards or “determinations” that are required by law to be disclosed through an NHD report. The report will let your buyers know if your property falls into one or more of these categories:
- special flood hazard area
- damn inundation
- very high fire hazard severity zone
- state of California fire responsibility area
- earthquake fault zones
- seismic hazard zone
Most NHD reports offer more than just these 6 mandatory hazards. Depending on your area, you may also see information related to environmental issues, airport Influence, military ordnance, or Megan's Law.
What to Look For:
Your report is made up of 3 components:
- Determinations: Tells you whether your property is IN or OUT of each specific natural hazard category.
- Notices: Any written disclosures that your home buyers should be aware of.
- Tax Info: A breakdown of the property tax bill and special assessments made to their property
Questions or concerns about your NHD report? Ask us! We're happy to help.
Interested in buying or selling?
We've improved the traditional real estate model with modern technology to cut costs, not quality.Get started today
- New Listing (162)
- Seller Advice (97)
- Preparing to Sell (67)
- Real Estate Investing (46)
- Just Sold (40)
- Featured (29)
- Real Estate Market (28)
- California Real Estate (27)
- Offers & Counters (27)
- Seller Savings (27)
- Marketing Your Home (26)
- Escrow (25)
- Homeowner How-To's (25)
- Home Improvement (24)
- Homeowner Advice (23)
- Showings & Open Houses (23)
- Listing Your Home for Sale (22)
- Pricing Your Home (21)
- Infographics (16)
- Buyer Advice (14)