There are a lot of expenses involved with selling a home that many homeowners don’t consider (or realize!) until they are in the thick of the process. While some of these costs are what they are, others are negotiable or can even be avoided altogether. Read on for guidance on three simple things you can do to save money on your home sale.
- Do your own staging:
Staging your home correctly gives potential buyers a great first impression. While you can hire a professional to stage your home, you can save a great deal of money by doing it yourself. Here are some tips:
- Make sure you remove any clutter that might be gathered throughout your home. Everything that is visible in a particular room should have a purpose. Sell, donate or store items that don’t meet that criteria.
- Be sure that you focus on cleanliness by doing a deep clean that tackles every nook, crevice and corner before you put your home on the market.
- Welcome visitors to your home by making sure each room looks spacious and smells fresh.
- Accentuate the unique amenities of each room with the skillful placement of plants, decor or furniture.
Get creative with your listing promotion:
You maintain all your social networks — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram — to stay connected with your friends, neighbors and family members who live far and near. Of course, your neighbors would love to help choose who moves in beside them, but don’t stop there. Share the video you made of your home and neighborhood on all your social media channels and ask everyone else to share it, too. Doing so will help you reach potential buyers who may have otherwise overlooked your home. Plus, if a friend of a friend is interested in your property, they are more likely to submit a good offer since they have a personal connection to you.
Hire Home Bay:
Rather than charging a commission, Home Bay charges a flat fee that starts at just $2,000 to list and market your home. On a $500,000 home sale, our sellers save between $12,500 and $15,000! Better yet, our team of real estate agents, brokers, attorneys and transaction coordinators manage your sale from listed to closed. We also provide you with professional listing photography, a high-quality for sale sign and expert support, seven days a week. See what our recent sellers are saying!
Selling your home doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. These simple and effective strategies are proof-positive of that!
Interested in buying or selling?
We've improved the traditional real estate model with modern technology to cut costs, not quality.Get started today
- Selling a House (158)
- Real Estate Investing (61)
- Buying a House (52)
- Preparing to Sell Your Home (37)
- Real Estate Negotiations (27)
- Home Improvement (25)
- Homeowner How-To's (23)
- Investment Property (21)
- Homeowner Advice (15)
- Listing Your Home (15)
- Marketing Your Home (15)
- Mortgage (15)
- House Flipping (13)
- Homeowner Hacks (13)
- Personal Finance (13)
- Closing on a House (11)
- Home Value (11)
- Home Trends (11)
- Home Showings (11)
- Escrow (10)