Do these thoughts sound familiar? “How long will it take for my house to sell? How much time will I have to move? Selling a house can be stressful, even in a good market. Luckily, there are a few simple things you can do that can attract more buyers to your listing and simplify the selling process. Curious? Read on!
Promote your home on social media:
Most people spend time on social media every single day, but homeowners often forget to consider using it to help sell their home. Networks like Facebook and Twitter give you a quick and easy way to promote your listing. When a friend of a friend sees your home listing, they are likely to share it with their friends (especially if you ask them to!). Not only does this process take just a few minutes, it’s also completely free!
Use a professional photographer:
Pictures are the most critical part of your listing, and bad ones can really make an awful first impression. The truth is, taking fantastic listing photos is not as simple as pointing a camera and pressing a button. You have to consider angles, framing, lighting, staging and much more.
Rather than leaving a buyer’s first impression of your home to chance,hire a professional to take your listing photos. It’s a small investment that can have a big impact on your final sale price.
Prefer to take them yourself? Download our free eBook on how to take excellent listing photos!
- Do basic, affordable home projects that make a big impact:
There are a few things you can do that aren’t expensive and won’t take up too much of your time that will impress potential buyers.
Tackle these ten projects to breathe new life into your home:
- Use a rug doctor to deep clean all your carpet.
- Put a fresh coat of paint on the walls.
- Clean the exterior of your home with hot soapy water and a scrub brush.
- Power wash your driveway.
- Make sure your front yard and entrance are nicely landscaped.
- Replace your beaten up mailbox.
- Reface older cupboards by sanding and staining them.
- Update the hardware on older cupboard and drawer fixtures to modernize them.
- Set up an entertainment space on your patio that looks inviting.
- Use sparse decor to give the space a finished feel.
By taking steps to improve your home prior to listing, you’ll attract more buyers, improving your odds of getting more offers and a better price at closing.
Interested in buying or selling?
We've improved the traditional real estate model with modern technology to cut costs, not quality.Get started today
Posted in Seller Advice
- New Listing (162)
- Seller Advice (97)
- Preparing to Sell (67)
- Real Estate Investing (46)
- Just Sold (40)
- Featured (29)
- Real Estate Market (28)
- California Real Estate (27)
- Offers & Counters (27)
- Seller Savings (27)
- Marketing Your Home (26)
- Escrow (25)
- Homeowner How-To's (25)
- Home Improvement (24)
- Homeowner Advice (23)
- Showings & Open Houses (23)
- Listing Your Home for Sale (22)
- Pricing Your Home (21)
- Infographics (16)
- Buyer Advice (14)