There are lots of ways to market your real estate listing, but there’s one often overlooked avenue that can be free and very effective: social media.
Think about it – you’re heavily connected to friends, family and collegues and you belong to platforms that make it easy to share with a bunch of them all at once. Additionally, many of your connections live in your area and all of them are deeply connected to others also in your area.
Sharing your listing with a group of people invested in your success leads to additional shares and exposure – and it doesn’t cost you anything! Below, we’ll outline tips on how to successfully leverage social media marketing to help you sell your home.
Social Media Marketing Guidelines for Home Sellers:
- Share your listing on all your social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest – anywhere you’ve got connections) when you first list your home
- Post about open houses or events
- Post about price reductions
- Re-post and ask for shares if traffic to your listing is slow
- Ask friends and family to share with anyone they think would be interested in your listing
- Offer to answer questions about your listing
- Offer one or two quick, but compelling facts about your home, like “lots of windows and natural light“, or “walking distance to everything” or “perfect for first time homeowners“
- Include one (or several) awesome photos of your property
- Add a link to your listing on Home Bay, Zillow, Trulia or any other listing site
Use these sample posts to get started:
“We’re selling our home in (name of your city, town or neighborhood). It’s 3br/2ba and 1500′ with an open kitchen and tons of closet space! Please like, share or repost – thanks!“
“It’s time! My 2br/1ba condo is up for sale. Great building, lovely neighbors and walking distance to cafes. All new appliances & updated bathrooms. Contact me with questions & share with anyone you think may be interested.“
“We’re looking for a new home & need to sell this one. Help us get the word out! Spacious 3br/1ba in (insert neighborhood), close to schools & 5min to downtown. Click the link for details and share, share, share. Thank you!”
Use these social media guidelines to get a little help from your friends and increase listing exposure!
Interested in buying or selling?
We've improved the traditional real estate model with modern technology to cut costs, not quality.Get started today
Posted in Social Media Marketing
- Selling a House (177)
- Buying a House (70)
- Real Estate Investing (67)
- Preparing to Sell Your Home (43)
- Real Estate Negotiations (27)
- Home Improvement (26)
- Investment Property (24)
- Homeowner How-To's (21)
- Listing Your Home (21)
- Marketing Your Home (20)
- For Sale By Owner (15)
- Homeowner Advice (15)
- Mortgage (15)
- House Flipping (14)
- Home Value (13)
- Homeowner Hacks (13)
- Personal Finance (13)
- Home Showings (13)
- Closing on a House (12)
- Escrow (12)