If you understand the basic premise of supply and demand, it should come as no surprise that a number of California cities made Zillow’s recent list of the hottest seller markets. But just how far ahead of the pack are California metros? Read on to find out.
To compare, the national average days on market in 2016 was 78. Not surprisingly, the less time homes are on the market, the less susceptible they are to price cuts, which is beneficial to sellers. And to contrast, Zillow reports that the top buyer’s market is Baltimore, Maryland – where the average time on market of 104 days gives home shoppers significantly more negotiating power.
If you own property in one of these cities and are considering selling, now is an excellent time. Data continues to show that buyers are motivated and are making strong offers, and that homes are selling quickly. Questions about selling? Trying to figure out when to list? We’re happy to help! Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 866-307-1523.
Interested in buying or selling?
We've improved the traditional real estate model with modern technology to cut costs, not quality.Get started today
- Selling a House (205)
- Buying a House (99)
- Real Estate Investing (66)
- Preparing to Sell Your Home (48)
- Home Improvement (42)
- Moving (37)
- Listing Your Home (28)
- For Sale By Owner (27)
- Real Estate Negotiations (27)
- Investment Property (26)
- Mortgage (20)
- Homeowner Advice (19)
- Marketing Your Home (19)
- Closing on a House (16)
- Personal Finance (16)
- Escrow (15)
- House Flipping (14)
- Home Value (13)
- Home Showings (13)
- Home Inspection (10)
- What Not to Fix When Selling a House: Avoid These 10 Renovations
- Where to Splurge and Where to Save Money Flipping Houses
- Questions All Home Flippers Must Ask Potential Contractors
- 10 Signs You're Meant to Be a House Flipper
- California Dominates Zillow's List of Hottest Seller Markets